Cubbies, bins, and hooks conceal everything and keep a polished feel.
• The Samantha Entryway Bench and Shelf Set (bench, $299; shelf, $229: www.potterybarn.com) stores easily lost essentials, like scarves, newspapers, and mail. Hooks hold coats, backpacks, and leashes.
• Red CD Boxes ($20 each, the Terence Conran Shop, 866-755-9079) tame unfiled mail and papers.
• Umbrella Stand ($109, in five colors, Kartell, 866-854-8823) stylishly keeps puddles off the floor.
• Mesh Storage Bins have a rust-proof coating that makes them ideal for drying out wet shoes. Place an absorbent liner in each bin to stop leaking.
Design Ideas Mesh Storage Nests, $18 each, Cocoon, 800-842-4352. Dyn-o-mat absorbent liner, 10 5/8-inch-by-12-foot roll, $10,
Get This Look
- The Pampered Guest: From Architectural Digest, Jane Smith Productions, (404) 555-4893; Norman Peabody, (890) 555-3223
- Fit For a Prince: William and Janine Ltd., (800) 555-3223
- Crisp and Modern: Frank Randolph, 011-44-654-654-6546