Amazing Home Makeovers
Goal: Garden in a Weekend
Tackle that bare spot in your yard, and transform it from boring to something to cheer about.
Planting in Fall
Our Big 10: The Reasons Why Fall Is Best for Planting
1. The weather's cooler, so gardening is more pleasant.
2. Seasonal sales mean plenty of plants cost less.
3. Plants establish faster.
4. There's less watering, which means less hose dragging.
5. Plants go through less stress.
6. Starting now leads to more flowers next season.
7. This is the time to plant spring bulbs.
8. There are not as many bugs to swat.
9. There are no long checkout lines when buying materials.
10. More bang for your buck. By next July, a fall-planted, one-gallon plant will be about the same size as a spring-planted, five-gallon one.
More from MyHomeIdeas