Extend Your Home Outdoors
Use our easy tips to make your outdoor spaces as comfortable as your living room.
Rules To Live Outside By
• Set up a sturdy dining table and chairs for fun family dinners or casual gatherings.
• Choose outdoor furniture that feels like it belongs indoors but is made of weather-resistant wicker or durable teak so it can withstand the elements.
• Add "wet-listed," or waterproof, lamps or light fixtures to give a warm glow to an outdoor space at night. If you live in a humid area, consider installing at least one ceiling fan.
• Hang curtains made from outdoor fabric on a porch for added privacy and to frame a view.
• Accessorize outdoor rooms with pillows and cushions made of weather- and water-resistant fabric.
More from MyHomeIdeas