Creative Container Gardens
Add instant interest to a dull spot on your porch or patio with a few containers full of seasonal color.
• When grown in containers, annuals and perennials are short-term, seasonal plantings. They usually require a little more work but reward you with variety and lots of color.
• If you mix several types of plants in one container, make sure they share the same growing requirements, such as light and water.
• Use dark-colored blooms in front of a light-colored house and light-colored blooms in front of a dark house.
• Don't place too many colors in one pot. If you have more than one pot, repeat the same color in each one for continuity.
• Make sure the plant you purchase will fit into the container and still have a little room to grow.
More from MyHomeIdeas