10 Ways to Age a Garden
What is the great irony of cottage gardens? Unlike many things, the older they look, the better.
Train Fast-Growing Climbers
Ever walk by an old house sheathed in vines? The look says, "I've been here a hundred years." Age a structure in your garden with climbers that'll scramble all over it.
6 Good Climbers
- Wisteria floribunda 'Carnea'
- Hydrangea anomala subsp. Periolaris
- Clematis 'Nelly Moser'
Or, grow perennial tropicals as annuals:
- Dutchman's Pipe (Aristolochia elegans)
- Trumpet vine (Campsis redicans)
- Chilean glory flower (Eccremocarpus scaber)
More from MyHomeIdeas