Pour a Concrete Slab
Before the concrete is delivered to your home, carefully read this step-by-step guide for successful results.
First Things First
Before you begin this project, read through all of these steps first (you won't have time to read once the work begins). Plus, you will likely need to pay extra if the driver of the concrete truck has to wait more than an hour.
- Have all tools on hand (some you may rent) and two or more reliable helpers.
- Line up a professional finisher if you want a smooth finish.
- Install all the form boards plus any isolation joints and wire reinforcement.
- Lay and test the wheelbarrow paths.
- If you got a permit, arrange for the inspector to be on hand to do any necessary tests, both before and during the pour.
More from MyHomeIdeas