3-Step Garden Trellis
One morning, a few lenghts of lumber, and a ball of twine and you can make a custom trellis for your garden.
Build your own trellis to work from season to season for planting summer tomatoes, fall baby luminia pumpkins, and spring edible peas or sweet peas. When the season ends, either untie and store the trellis or leave it in place year-round for visual interest.
- 6 (10-foot lengths) 2 x 2 cedar (for verticals)
- 9 (8-foot lengths) 2 x 2 cedar (for horizontals)
- 2 large balls of green twine
- Wooden finials (optional)
- Powdered gypsum (or flour)
- 6 (4-inch) tomato plants
- Measuring tape
- Shovel or post hole digger
- Mallet or hammer