Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Decorating and Design
Invest in Your Kitchen
Before remodeling, consider these planning checklists for the best return on your dollars and your dreams.
Budget of $45,000 or Less
- Consult with an architect, remodeler, or kitchen designer to make any structural changes that will expand or change the floor plan, such as opening walls, moving plumbing and electrical components, and replacing windows and doors.
- Install countertops of solid surface material or natural stone, such as granite or engineered quartz.
- Choose semicustom cabinets, which offer various options in height, depth, and drawer and door styles, or custom cabinets built to your specifications.
- Upgrade appliances to commercial style, such as a 48-inch cooktop, and add specialty appliances such as a wine cooler, under-counter ice maker, or built-in coffee system.
- Resurface floors with wood, tile, stone, or earth-friendly products like bamboo, cork, or rubber.
More from MyHomeIdeas