8 Essential Tools for Every Household
From hammers and drills, learn what hand and power tools should be in your tool box, what to look for when shopping, and how these tools work.
Use all tools mindfully. Using tools isn't like running the vacuum where you can space out while working. You need to focus
on what you're doing and give it your full attention.
Keep the following tips in mind:
- If you're using electric power tools, don't get tripped up by the cord.
- If the cord is frayed or worn, don't use the tool.
- Don't use electric tools near water.
- Make sure your grip is steady and firm and that you're not over-reaching to perform a task.
- If you're cutting, be sure the wood is held firmly in place before you start.
It's overconfident, cocksure familiarity that will trip you up with power tools. The minute you don't pay attention to what you're doing is when accidents happen.
More from MyHomeIdeas