8 Essential Tools for Every Household
From hammers and drills, learn what hand and power tools should be in your tool box, what to look for when shopping, and how these tools work.
Before you attempt using a power saw, which can be dangerous, learn how to use a power saw responsibly and safely.
Power Saw Safety Rules:
- Always wear safety glasses.
- Make sure your workpiece is stabilized and anchored before making your cut.
- Don't operate the saw with it directly in front of your body; keep it to either your left (for southpaws) or your right.
- Keep the cord out of the way.
- Keep the base plate firmly planted on the work surface.
- Don’t wear jewelry or loose-fitting clothing that could get caught up in the tool, and if you have long hair, tie it back.
More from MyHomeIdeas