Kid-Friendly Decorating Made Easy
Use these easy (and affordable!) ideas in your home to create spaces that are as durable as they are dazzling.
- Pick machine-washable bedding. You need to be able to chuck it in the washer if breakfast gets spilt.
- Get a bed with storage baskets as they are perfect for keeping bed linens in -- and toys, so the kids can amuse themselves while you relax.
- Buy a separate headboard so when you want a fresh look, you can replace or repaint it without having to buy a new bed.
- Add soft-cornered storage, such as this upholstered ottoman. The padded lid and rounded edges aren’t going to cause injury if kids bump into them.
- Edge a plain blind with patterned fabric so when little hands grab the bottom of it, no grubby prints will show.
- Find a clever storage unit that will hide away a home office. The computer monitor is great for watching DVDs in bed, too.
More from MyHomeIdeas