SA: Essentials: Luxuries
Indulgences are appropriate in the kitchen, especially features that expand utility and convenience. Here are the top items on our panel's kitchen wish list:
• Pot-filler faucets: They're undeniably handy when mounted near the stove, as shown at left.
• Appliance garages: They keep countertop clutter to a minimum.
• Second refrigerators: They're invaluable for cold drinks and extra storage, especially when you're entertaining.
• Flat-screen televisions: Their trim profiles make them easy to integrate into the overall design.
• Refrigerated drawers: They can be built into cabinets or islands for a seamless look.
• Counter-height seating: This addition is an ergonomic boon -- it lets you sit to work.
• Crushed-ice machines: They are much more convenient than ice trays or dispensers.