Kids' Rooms That Shine
A dose of whimsy, color, and cleverness brings smiles to these spaces.
Designer Janie Molster shares her tips for decorating kids' rooms.
• Don't put too much emphasis on a theme, especially if it's very childish.
• You don't need to buy a matching suite of furniture. A mix of pieces makes for a more interesting room.
• You want the room to be good-looking but also practical. Use a low-loop pile carpet so that children can set up their games. Choose bedding and accessory fabrics such as chenille or denim that wear well.
• Kids' rooms are great places to use color. Go a little over the top, especially if the rooms are separated from the main living areas.
-- From Southern LivingEasy Home Decorating
More From MyHomeIdeas
• Sign Up for Our Newsletter
More from MyHomeIdeas