English Lessons: 3 Looks for Your Patio
Three outside dining areas capture the essence of the French vacation with glamorous hot pinks, vibrant Riviera blues, and zesty lime for sophisticated city chic.
French Country Charm
―Recreate the mellow mood of Mediterranean life with subtle blue and white fabrics, sometimes piped in green, in a mix of stripes and floral patterns. Green pottery adds a rustic touch.
HOW TO MAKE IT WORK
• A combination of small-print fabrics with florals and stripes―all in blue and white―creates a pretty, informal look.
• Choose Mediterranean garden plants, such as lavender, rosemary and olive branches, rather than exotic flowers to decorate your table.
• Large bread boards have a rustic feel and make great serving platters.
• Antique metal garden chairs continue the relaxed theme.
• Generous cushions transform stone ledges into comfortable benches.