Educated Shopper: Flea-Market Smarts
The sheer abundance of a flea market combined with the promise of a good deal can scatter even the most collected of wits. Follow our tips to shop like a pro and bring home a treasure.
Flea Market Pointers
- Do your research before you go. Several online resources such as Kovels on Antiques and Collectibles are helpful.
- Make a shopping list with all of the measurements, color schemes, and pertinent information you need.
- And set a budget; otherwise, it’s easy to overspend. Remember vendors prefer cash or checks.
- It’s also important to keep in mind you can’t return what you buy, so choose wisely.
- When negotiating for a good price, instead of saying, "I’ll give you this amount," try, "Are you willing to take this amount?" Vendors respect bargainers with polite negotiating skills.
To get you started, here are a couple of our favorite things to discover when flea market shopping.
More from MyHomeIdeas