Amazing Home Makeovers
Invest in Your Kitchen
Before remodeling, consider these planning checklists for the best return on your dollars and your dreams.
Budget of $15,000 or Less
- Replace worn countertops with new laminate.
- Add a deeper sink with features like an in-sink soap dispenser and a gooseneck faucet for easy filling of large pots.
- Choose basic (often called “stock”) cabinets, which have fewer size, style, and finish options but are an economical choice for a remodel.
- Purchase appliances with improved features, such as a 30-inch, free-standing range with a warming drawer or a dishwasher with hidden controls and special wash cycles.
- Install new resilient flooring.
Tip: At this level of remodeling, focus on improvements at the top of your wish list, such as a new countertops, flooring, or higher grade appliances.
More from MyHomeIdeas